Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Dreadful Blog Post

Hi all!

I've been pretty flat out the last few weeks with various bits and pieces. A lot of us are gearing up for the Canterbury Uni clubs days which run on the 18th, 25th and 26th Feb. FishSoc is going strong and things are starting to come together just in time! For the uninitiated, FishSoc is the Canterbury Uni fishing club which we started up halfway through last year. This year we're aiming for 50 members. On the way for clubs day we have printed T-shirts, NZ Fish & Game info pamphlets on all of the Canterbury fishing areas and regulations, and maybe some didymo algaecide sprays etc for the people who sign up on the day.

Sick design by Becky!



I've also been on a tramp with a few blokes from the tramping club from around Cass on Arthur's Pass up to Hawdon hut, which was pretty sweet. The trip leader, Tim, brought along a mean card game which kept us busy. No trout to be had in the river we were following up unfortunately- I had brought my fly fishing gear along in case of an emergency. It was a good opportunity to get used to my new GPS though. We didn't even get lost once... how boring. Might leave it at home next time :P Here's a link to the photos that Tim took:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5Q8iu0V25nDQlUyU2FoQW9Yd0U&usp=sharing

Also, I've just got my dreads put in! Bloody stoked. Leiarne hooked me up with some sweet beads and a headband thing too. I haven't had a good chance to take any good quality pictures yet, so here's a webcam one to give you the gist:



The only other noteworthy thing I can think of is that I've moved into the new flat. It's pretty mean. I've actually got room for all of my furniture this year! I only have four major bits of furniture, but that was far too much space to ask of my past abode. A definite upgrade!

Oh, and I'll be going for another tramp this Saturday- 8 hours up Andrews stream to Casey Hut- actually pretty bloody close to the last tramp I went on. I'll hopefully be heading out with my mate Zane.



Stay excellent and party on.

Russell.

No comments:

Post a Comment