Saturday, 7 March 2015

Long Live FishSoc

Hi all!

The uni semester has started with a bang! Through O-week there were a couple of clubs days on campus which all of the FishSoc exec were really helpful with- we've got a great team. We smashed our goal of 50 members, managing to reach 113 members by the end of the clubs days and having a few more stragglers emailing us for sign ups, leaving us at about 117 members currently.


The crew. Other exec members helped too.


We have just started the ball rolling with event organisation for a flat BBQ next weekend (21st March). We were relieved to find that we don't need a liquor license for an event on private property, just so long as we don't actively advertise that we'll have alcohol on site. Needless to say there will be some very strong implication by word of mouth on the subject.

The next official event after the BBQ will be a trip down to Twizel to fish the canals at the end of the term break. Exciting times on the FishSoc front; unfortunately not so on the study front.

Week four(?) and I'm up to my eyeballs in Matlab and ArcGIS assignments- I get the feeling I should stop typing this and start typing some code. Regardless I'm managing to find time to have fun. On Thursday night I went to a concert with Nero headlining, which was mean fun. We've also recently had Adam and Bosley's joint 21st here at the flat, at which three yardies were consumed- one of them was impromptu. We had more 'mm' of spew on the lawn that night than we have had rain in the last month. The lawn will never be the same again.

Mum and Dad are arriving in town today, which is exciting. Haven't seen them since mid January.

Anyway, that's pretty much it! Cheers for reading.


Russell.

No comments:

Post a Comment